Dormitory Complete: April 2nd, 2008

Dormitory Complete: April 2nd, 2008
The happy and grateful girls of NABSS!

The new dormitory, inside view - the new bunkbeds (mosquito nets not yet set up), cutting the ribbon on April 2nd, 2008

Students, teachers and others at the dedication ceremony, me addressing the audience (Peace Corps Country Director Bob Golledge in the background), photo-ops with students at the new dorm

Me posing with a new dorm resident, another view of the front of the dorm, me dancing with NABSS staff and students at the dedication

The NABSS student cultural dance troupe performing traditional Bimoba drumming and dancing at the dedication with the District Cultural Coordinator in the foreground

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Urgent!!

Thank you to all who have made donations so far!! I want to remind everyone that my goal is to kick construction of the dorm into high gear just after the New Year and FINISH by March. That means that my PCPP must be FILLED by Christmas time. I don't get to use ANY of the money you all have so generously donated until I get ALL that I've requested. The school and PTA continue to contribute what little money they have and what they get through receipt of the students' fees in the meantime.

For those that wish to donate, it seems to work best if you use the link at the top of this blog rather than going through the Peace Corps website - sometimes parts of it go down or are under construction.

Lastly, I've discovered that Peace Corps does NOT make donors names available to me once they've donated (despite the check-box on the site that makes it seem like I will be alerted of your donation). I would like to send pictures and more personal Thank you's to donors, so if you'd like me to know you've donated, please alert me via email. Otherwise, you're free to remain anonymous and to check the blog for updates. I'm going up to Nakpanduri around Thanksgiving to check up on the progress and then again for Christmas when I'd like to give them the good news that all the money is in!

Let's build a girls dormitory, people!!

Carl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello very cool website!! Man .. Beautiful .. Wonderful .

. I'll bookmark your blog and take the feeds also? I am satisfied to find so many useful info here within the put up, we need develop extra techniques in this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . . tarot card reading
Take a look at my page astrology